Friday, July 27, 2007

He can call me Flower if he wants to...

Sooooo, there are now 5 of us living at the townhouse: Kim, Lindsay, me, Ava, and apparently this little critter living under our back patio porch.

Aww yea Flower is so cute right? Until it sprays your back porch and the stink permeates most of your house! The good news is that the smell was so pungent at one point we thought the animal had died too, but luckily, that was not the case. Mr. Sherlock, the pest control guy, came out yesterday evening, put a skunk repellent under the porch, and the smell inside at least should fade...in 4-5 more days!! Who knows how long the smell will last outside!? Great, now we're the new stinky neighbors....


Sadly, I think we are getting used to the smell though. Lindsay and I have spend the past few nights on the back porch plotting how we can cook all of our meals on the grill. So, while I was busy at work today, I checked out the 'Grilling Guide' on MSN.com and came across this recipe for Grilled Banana Splits. Although I'm not even a fan of banana splits ever since I puked 22 times after the last time I had one, (yes, I did count the number of times and no, alcohol was not involved), something about it drew me in. I have not tried it obvy, but it actually sounds really good! Check it out:


Grilled Banana Split

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (perhaps I should have omitted this part)
1 serving: Calories 642; Carbohydrates 89g; Cholesterol 95mg; Fat 28g; Sodium 188mg


INGREDIENTS
4 ripe bananas
8 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
4 tablespoons light brown sugar
4 tablespoons brandy
3 cups vanilla ice cream
8 teaspoons chocolate sauce
1/4 cup toasted pecans (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Heat grill to low. Make an incision lengthwise on the side of each banana, leaving 1 inch uncut at both ends and the skin intact. Spread open the cut and place 2 teaspoons of the butter pieces, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon brandy inside. Grill, covered, until the butter mixture has melted and bananas are heated through — 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the bananas to 4 separate sundae dishes, carefully flipping the bananas over and pouring the sauce into the bottom of each dish. Peel off the skins, and top each with an equal amount of ice cream; add warm chocolate sauce, and nuts, if desired. Serve immediately.


1 comment:

The Boston Blairs said...

Oh good grief! I cannot imagine how unpleasant that is for you guys. Thank goodness for the grill. You can cook so much stuff in foil on the grill. Chop up any veggies, sprinkle some oil on top, and grill them up. Pretty tasty, too! Have you tried a grilled pizza? Price and I also lean on this cookbook a lot for the grill,
http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crocker-Grilling-Made-Easy/dp/0764574531/ref=sr_1_16/002-0061295-5890414?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185562311&sr=8-16

Good luck!!