Thursday, May 3, 2007

North Carolina--Raise up!

Who knew Fayetteville, NC had so much to offer? No, I'm not talking about South of the Border billboards and Topless!Topless!Topless! 24 hour restaurants. All in all, it was a great weekend. We ate great food; we drank mediocre beer; we prayed to the porcelain god (by "we" I mean Banks and Jenne--not my fault!); we listened in on a little domestic dispute while enjoying the Saturday morning crossword and Sudoku on the porch; and best of all, we saw JoJo!

Now, there's been a lot of talk, a lot of rumors, a lot of speculation as to how good JoJo's performance actually was at this year's Dogwood Festival, and who really enjoyed the show the most? Well, it's time to put this story to bed and I think the main man to do that is BBB, Jr., himself. Banks braved the crowd of teeny-boppers (as Jenne and I stayed back to covet our remaining beer) to get up close to the Sensation. He did a remarkable job at capturing these candid shots before her 15 minute show came to a close. Let's let the pictures speak for themselves.



Don't worry, all was not lost. On the way home, the jerk stored called....
In other news: Banks has hair and he smiles in pictures!

I also want to thank Jenne for introducing me to Anita Liberty, poet and author of How to Heal the Hurt by Hating and How to Stay Bitter through the Happiest Times of Your Life. I read the first book and found it witty and insightful. I recommend checking her out, even if you aren't bitter. I'm not bitter...not really....a little.............I'm sure it will pass.

1 comment:

The Boston Blairs said...

Sweet spacesuit she's got on. I'm guessing Banks was just trying to get some up-skirt shots.