Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Looney as a bat?

So most mornings, Lindsay and I are up and at the gym around 5am...naturally, at that time of the morning we don't have much to say to each other besides the exchange of a few grunts...but this is what is sounds like sometimes when we get back...

Scenerio: Linds and Raine get home and hear Lindsay's alarm that has probably been going off for the last hour and a half .."EERRRR..ERRR..ERRRR"

Raine: "Uh oh, hope that hasn't woken up Kim up!"
Linds: "that girl's got hearing like a bat"
Raine: "yea she does....and a nose like....like something with a good nose."

10 minutes later, Lindsay knocks on the bathroom door, where I am standing at the sink getting ready for work...

Linds: "Raine?"
Raine: "yea?"
Linds: "Do bats even have ears? I know they have that super-radar thingy...like they can sense their prey...but have you ever heard of bats having good hearing?


Raine: "yea i dunno! i mean they're blind! that's where "blind as a bat" comes from...but no, now that I think of it I don't think they do..."
Linds:"cool...thought just crossed my mind after I said it...I don't even know where that came from!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahaha, gotta love the 6:30am conversations ~ in my defense...I had not had my morning coffee yet =)

How about this one...
Parking at the gym (5:15am):

Raine: oh god - i hope Roids (another Creepy McCreeperton)NEVER recognizes us from the bah..."

Linds: ew, blargth...

Unknown said...

i think bats have super-sonic hearing. and ears.

it helps the blindness.. they bounce signals off of objects to detect distance.

so i could have bat-hearing... i think.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so it won't let me paste the picture on here...but google has confirmed our suspicions ~ bats DO have ears...and they're still fugly as ever.